The Meon Valley Community Bus - limited service from 28th September
Droxford Village Community
MEON VALLEY COMMUNITY BUS ASSOCIATION - Resumption of Service
We are planning to restart the Community Bus service on a limited basis beginning on Monday September 28. On Mondays the service will run to Fareham and on Fridays it will run to Winchester (1st and 3rd Friday each month), Waterlooville (4th Friday each month), or Petersfield (2nd and 5th Friday each month).
The COVID pandemic means that we have had to make some changes to the way the service operates, so that we can ensure your safety and wellbeing while you are using the community bus. This notice explains what those changes will be.
We look forward to seeing you back again on the bus and continuing to serve the Meon Valley community.
Making a booking
Social distancing rules mean that we can only take four passengers on each journey, or five if two of the passengers are a couple. To avoid having to turn passengers away, particularly on wet winter mornings, we will be operating a booking service. This will mean that once your booking is accepted, you can be sure you will have seat on the bus. Bookings can be made up to two weeks in advance between the hours of 10am and 4 pm. Until we know the level of demand, you will only be able to book one journey each week.
To make a booking call Ken (01329 830355), John (01489 877499) or Bob (01489 878270).
How we will make sure the service is safe.
- Before you get on the bus, we will ask you if you have any of the symptoms of COVID and we will take your temperature using a no-contact thermometer. If you do have any symptoms or if you have a high temperature, we will not let you join the bus. This is to keep the other passengers and the driver safe.
- To comply with the Track and Trace system, we will record the names and contact details of all passengers who board the bus.
- We will ask you to bring a mask covering your nose and mouth and this should be worn while you are on the bus.
- We will ask you if you have used a sanitizing hand wash and if not, it will be provided for you before you board the bus.
- Please use the same seats for outward and return journeys.
- We will have the windows open when there are passengers on the bus, to ensure an adequate exchange of air.
- If you have any other questions about how to stay safe, the driver will be able to help you.
17 September 2020
Rosie Hoile, Parish Clerk
- 07720 092072
Find Droxford Village Community
Clerk to the Parish Council, West House Cottage, South Hill, Droxford, Southampton, Hampshire, SO32 3PB
Droxford website for the local community in Hampshire. Information for parish council, events.